miércoles, 3 de abril de 2013

Practice 3 (For Fith Year Students)

PRIMER BIMESTRE
Quinto AÑO
Lección 3 "Charity"

Click en este enlace para descargar el audiohttps://www.dropbox.com/s/n2jge3kp5o43onf/00005-TRACK%204%2C.mp3

1. Read  this conversation about CHARITY


  • Is that a Red Cross Pin?

  • Yes, I always give money every year when they have their fundraisers. I think they do a great job.

  • That’s true. I don’t have much money, so I don’t always give to charity. I gave some money to charity that works with street children.

  • Well, in my opinion there are too many people asking for money. It’s hard to say ‘yes’ to everybody.
  • I agree and then if there’s a disaster, such as the earthquake in Haiti or the hurricanes en Tabasco and Chiapas, they try to raise money, too.
  • I think the government has the major responsibility, but sometimes it can’t handle everything.

  • Right.  I think it’s important to give to charity if possible, but each of us must think about our families and our own financial situation first.

  •  Hmm. I don’t agree. Sometimes it’s important to help people. If we always think about ourselves first, no one will help others in need.

  • Maybe you’re right.